The 3D Robotics ArduPilot Mega 2.5 (APM) is a Open Source flight control board for airplanes and multi-rotor crafts.
The ArduPilot Mega 2.5 is a complete open source autopilot system and the bestselling technology that won the prestigious 2012 Outback Challenge UAV competition. It allows the user to turn any fixed, rotary wing or multirotor vehicle (even cars and boats) into a fully autonomous vehicle; capable of performing programmed GPS missions with waypoints. Available with top or side connectors.
Please note that this listing is for the APM with on board compass, thus compatible with the Mediatek GPS only (also compatible with the previous version of the 3DR GPS uBlox LEA-6 without compass).
- Arduino Compatible!
- Can be ordered with top entry pins for attaching connectors vertically, or as side entry pins to slide your connectors in to either end horizontally
- Includes 3-axis gyro, accelerometer and magnetometer, along with a high-performance barometer
- Onboard 4 MegaByte Dataflash chip for automatic datalogging
- Optional off-board GPS, uBlox LEA-6H module with Compass.
- One of the first open source autopilot systems to use Invensense’s 6 DoF Accelerometer/Gyro MPU-6000.
- Barometric pressure sensor upgraded to MS5611-01BA03, from Measurement Specialties.
- Atmel’s ATMEGA2560 and ATMEGA32U-2 chips for processing and usb functions respectively.